Monday, November 22

a weekend reprieve

My exhusband and I took our kids to the coast this weekend. We had a fabulous time. We played in the sand, watched the sunset from the beach. Stayed in a fabulous hotel room at the Shilo in which not only had windows which looked right out on the ocean but actually had two separate bedrooms, separate from each other and the general living room and kitcheonette. We swam in the hotel pool (they have two, we used the one which was three feet deep all the way across and heated). The girls had a great time and surprisingly so did I. Aa bought me a pair of swim trunks and a tank like top so I didn't feel completely exposed. Anyway all in all we had a fabulous time.
We also got to see Aa's brother and his wife. We love them! They are fun to hang out with and our conversations flow so easily. It's like we each have one sect of our family that is really cool. I have my sister and her husband and he has his brother and sister in law. The rest as Aa says are just crazy.
I want to live at the coast. I love the ocean so much and I love the small town feel. Aa and I spent a bunch of time talking about how that could happen. I'm not going to hold my breath it seems like alot of pipe dreaming from where I'm at right now but maybe. someday.
In the meantime we both felt a reprieve from our stressful lives and for a little while my head stoped aching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home