Monday, November 8

blah blah blah

Seth is leaving this I know for his own mouth told me so. (this should be sung to Jesus loves me tune). I knew it. I just didn't know he knew it... or would admit it. He's morbidly depressed. You know so depressed that his family is worried he might kill himself. I didn't want to feel responsible and that's the truth however terrible. So I went to see him. I told him that he needed to get out of the house, move, walk, talk with friends, function. I got him to put his shoes on and walk with me. I pretended I was his friend and not his wife. As a friend your job is to support your friend and I tried to be encouraging but when he asked me for an opinion I asked if he wanted me to answer as a friend or his wife. "What's the difference?" he asked. Tears and boiling rage I responded. I don't think he liked to hear that. I have this ability to pick up on how people feel, it's a gift really, so when the tears started streaming down his face and his shoulders shook I intuitively knew that I had hurt him. I didn't mean to. I'm just angry and hurt. He told me after the "visit" that I was a good friend and if I ever needed him... "you'll be the last person I call" I interrupted. "I'm glad"! I'm thinking what the hell. But he explained that he's not at a point in his therapy where he feels able to maintain friendships. Fine. fuck you. Better to have no delusions I guess. It sounds hostile but I think he felt better after the visit. He seemed uplifted (you know no tears, no shaking shoulders, slight smile). He said he was relieved that I didn't hate him. We'll see. Give me time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home